Queen Mary University of London are offering a 1 year Post Graduate Certificate and a 2 year Master of Science in Burn Care. These courses are suited for all members of the burns multidisciplinary team and are delivered on a distance learning basis to suit full-time professionals in the field.
For more information contact Amanda Gaddes via email@example.com
The course offers:
60 credits at graduate level (level 3, SCQF level 9) for all 3 courses
20 credits per course for credited continuing professional development
The Course aims to:
– Develop a broad knowledge base and understanding of the principle features required to manage patients with burn injury and those undergoing plastic surgery
– Provide educational basis to critically evaluate the delivery of care to patients with burn injury and undergoing plastic surgery
– Develop a sound understanding of the physical and psychological impact that burn injury or conditions requiring plastic and reconstructive surgery have on quality of life.
Principles of reconstructive plastic surgery and burn injury care: 2 -4 September 2019
Plastic and reconstructive surgery: adults and paediatrics: 2 – 4 December 2019
Burn injury: adults and paediatrics: 9 – 11 March 2020
One block of 3 mandatory taught days supported by online learning
Closing Date for Applications Thursday 11th July 2019.
Boost your career potential with our Professional Practice Programme.
Choose from a selection of modules that can be studied on their own or as part of an award, leading to a degree or master’s qualification (depending on what modules you choose).
We have a wide variety of modules covering different specialisms across the healthcare sector.
Our Burns and Plastic Surgery modules are ideal if you are looking to develop your specialist knowledge in this area, to both enhance your career prospects and enrich the care that you provide. The modules are relevant to both adult and paediatric nurses.
Physiological and Psychological Principles of Plastic Surgery and Burn Care (LBR6533/ LBR7485) – Level 6 and 7
Caring for Patients with a Burn Injury (LBR6529/LBR7480) – Level 6 and 7
Caring for Patients Undergoing Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (LBR6531/LBR7483) – Level 6 and 7
Who is it for?
- All staff with an interest in burn care
Agenda will include…
- Fluid management and wound assessment
- Smoke inhalation
- Infection Prevention and sepsis
- Scar management
- Electrical and chemical burns
And many more.
Cost Course Only – £300 Accommodation may be available – e mail for further details and price
To secure your place or for further information please contact Penelope.firstname.lastname@example.org