Queen Mary University of London are offering a 1 year Post Graduate Certificate and a 2 year Master of Science in Burn Care. These courses are suited for all members of the burns multidisciplinary team and are delivered on a distance learning basis to suit full-time professionals in the field.
For more information contact Amanda Gaddes via email@example.com
This course is for Military candidates only. For further details and to book onto an EMSB course.
The course offers:
60 credits at graduate level (level 3, SCQF level 9) for all 3 courses
20 credits per course for credited continuing professional development
The Course aims to:
– Develop a broad knowledge base and understanding of the principle features required to manage patients with burn injury and those undergoing plastic surgery
– Provide educational basis to critically evaluate the delivery of care to patients with burn injury and undergoing plastic surgery
– Develop a sound understanding of the physical and psychological impact that burn injury or conditions requiring plastic and reconstructive surgery have on quality of life.
Principles of reconstructive plastic surgery and burn injury care: 2 -4 September 2019
Plastic and reconstructive surgery: adults and paediatrics: 2 – 4 December 2019
Burn injury: adults and paediatrics: 9 – 11 March 2020
One block of 3 mandatory taught days supported by online learning
Closing Date for Applications Thursday 11th July 2019.
A quick message for you and your students/colleagues that the early bird registration deadline for the next Annual General Meeting of the ETRS (Munich 11-13th September 2019) is 15th June.
Don’t forget there is:
- A Young Investigator prize session (within the chance to win a funded presentation slot at the next Wound Healing Society meeting in the USA)
- A poster prize competition
- Three PhD and three PostDoc bursaries available
We are also very excited to be running a pre-conference workshop (no registration fee; max. 25 places) on 10th September to help early career researchers develop their networks and links within the community.
Hence, please get your abstracts and entries for prizes/bursaries submitted as soon as possible (see the website for further details; https://www.etrs2019.de)
We look forward to seeing you in Munich in September.
The four Burn Care Operational Delivery Networks are hosting a National BIRT Information day.
To ensure patients receive the best level of specialist care, Burns Incident Response Teams (BIRTs) are being developed to support a response to a burns mass casualty incident. A BIRT will consist of a Burns Surgeon, A Burns Anaesthetist and a Burns Nurse.
If you are interested in becoming a member of a BIRT, or have already volunteered, then this event is for you.
Registration Deadline: 17 August 2019.
The annual Canadian Burn Symposium returns to Toronto for 2019. The program will focus on Burn Care innovation through research. Topics will include:
- Standardized and protocolized burn care in Canada
- Performance and quality improvement
- Long term outcomes
- Translational research in burns
- Long-term outcomes and quality of life
- State of the art science: critical care, wound care and or therapy
Visit https://www.cpd.utoronto.ca/cdnburnnetwork for more details and to register.
Boost your career potential with our Professional Practice Programme.
Choose from a selection of modules that can be studied on their own or as part of an award, leading to a degree or master’s qualification (depending on what modules you choose).
We have a wide variety of modules covering different specialisms across the healthcare sector.
Our Burns and Plastic Surgery modules are ideal if you are looking to develop your specialist knowledge in this area, to both enhance your career prospects and enrich the care that you provide. The modules are relevant to both adult and paediatric nurses.
Physiological and Psychological Principles of Plastic Surgery and Burn Care (LBR6533/ LBR7485) – Level 6 and 7
Caring for Patients with a Burn Injury (LBR6529/LBR7480) – Level 6 and 7
Caring for Patients Undergoing Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (LBR6531/LBR7483) – Level 6 and 7