Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) has worked with the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) to add new content to the e-Learning Programme for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (e-LPRAS).
e-LPRAS offers a wide range of sessions covering the knowledge-base of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery and is aimed at plastic surgery trainees from speciality training year 3 (ST3) onwards. The e-learning will also appeal to consultants, non-consultant career grades and allied health professionals who want to increase and update their knowledge base.
Nine new sessions have been added to the programme and one existing session has been updated.
New sessions are:
- Burns in Patients with Concurrent Medical Disorders (Module 9 -Burns)
- Burn Scar Contractures of the Axilla (Module 9 – Burns)
- Burn Scars in the Perineum (Module 9 -Burns)
- Congenital Vascular Malformations in the Lower Limb (Module 8 – Lower Limb)
- Flaps for Skin and Soft Tissue Cover of the Foot (Module 8 – Lower Limb)
- Haematological Complications of Burns (Module 9 -Burns)
- Mastitis and Breast Abscess (Module 6 – Breast and Chest Wall)
- Multi-Organ Dysfunction in Patients with Burns (Module 9 -Burns)
- Surgery for Patients with Electrical Burns (Module 9 -Burns)
The updated session is:
- What is Plastic Surgery? (within Module 1 – Essentials of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery)
For more information about the e-learning programme and to access the sessions, visit: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/plastic-reconstructive-and-aesthetic-surgery/