|BBA Travel Grant||Margaret Miller Travel Grant||Research Grant||Laing Essay Prize||BBA Achievement Award||BBA and Scar Free Foundation Electives||Research into Methods of Preventing Burn Injuries in the Home Grant|
The British Burn Association (BBA) will consider applications for travel grants from BBA Members. Applications for grants should have clearly defined aims and objectives, identifying an area of burn care which the applicant wishes to explore, and which has relevance in clinical practice.
Grants will not normally exceed £1,000.
The British Burn Association (BBA) will consider applications for travel grants from BBA members. Applications for grants should have clearly defined aims and objectives, identifying an area of burn care which the applicant wishes to explore, and which has relevance in clinical practice.
1. Applicants must have been a student/full member of the BBA for at least 12 months prior to the date of application.
2. Applicants must confine their application to the form below. Additional material will not be considered.
3. The application form can be submitted by post or email, but it must be received by the BBA at least 6 months prior to the intended date of travel so that it can be discussed at the next BBA Board of Trustees meeting. Please note, BBA Board of Trustees meetings are held quarterly (dates are available from the Secretariat).
4. Grants will not normally exceed £1000. Three quarters of the agreed grant will be forwarded to the applicant prior to the date of travel. The remainder will only be provided following the submission of a satisfactory travel report (see point 7 below). The BBA Trustees reserve the right to reject a suboptimal report. Evidence of the visit/travel will also be required as proof of appropriate use of the award.
5. Applicants must include details of financial support obtained from elsewhere and support for annual/study leave where applicable.
6. Applications must include specific aims and objectives of the proposed project and details of how its findings will be disseminated.
7. Successful applicants must submit a written travel report to the BBA Secretary not later than 3 months after the date of travel. Travel reports will be published in the BBA Newsletter. The BBA Board of Trustees may request that selected travel reports be presented at the Annual Conference as either an oral presentation or poster.
8. Successful applicants who are subsequently unable to undertake the proposed travel project, must return the grant monies to the BBA Secretariat within 3 months. The grant may not be used for purposes other than those for which it was awarded, and is not transferable to persons other than those named on the application.
9. Any work published as a result of the project for which the BBA Travel Grant was given, must acknowledge the British Burn Association.
10. All applications will be considered by the BBA Board of Trustees, however grants will not normally be given to those who have received them within the previous 3 years. Any recipient of a BBA grant who fails to submit an acceptable report and evidence of use of the grant, will not be eligible for further grant applications to the BBA for any awards in the future.
11. The BBA Board of Trustees will consider travel grant applications for attendance at a conference only if the applicant is presenting at the conference; evidence of acceptance of the abstract at the conference will be required with the application.
12. The BBA does not award travel expenses for the sole purpose of attending a conference. Consideration will be given to applicants requesting travel to a neighbouring Burn Service to gain experience and attending a conference in the same travel.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) / Data Protection Act
Please note: The British Burn Association (BBA) is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for Data Protection and applying for a BBA Award or Grant, your details will be held by the BBA in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
By applying for a BBA Award or Grant, I understand that my details will be shared with the BBA Adjudicating Group and that information and details pertaining to my application will be retained electronically and within the permanent agenda and minutes of the Association. I understand that should I be successful in obtaining an award or grant, my name and work details may be posted on the BBA website, in the BBA Newsletter or in the BBA Conference Book.
Please note that you have the right to request access to rectify your data, erase it and to object to its processing. Correspondence regarding your data should be addressed to the Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to apply