|BBA Travel Grant||Margaret Miller Travel Grant||Research Grant||Laing Essay Prize||EMSB Representative to Anzba||BBA and Scar Free Foundation Electives||Research into Methods of Preventing Burn Injuries in the Home Grant|
This grant is designed to enable nurses to visit conferences overseas. The proposed travel must include a visit to a burn-related conference outside the UK and Ireland and a visit to a Burn Service. The travel should have clearly defined aims and objectives which the applicant wishes to explore and which have relevance in clinical practice.
Grants will not normally exceed £1,500.
Mr Sandy Miller was a founder member of the British Burn Association (BBA) and later became Chairman. He was Burns Consultant at the Northern General in Sheffield from 1968 until his retirement in 1989 and was committed to the care of burn injured patients and the aims of the BBA throughout this time. The Margaret Miller Grant was set up as part of Sandy Miller’s legacy, named after his wife who was a Consultant Anaesthetist also at the Northern General. The grant is designed to enable nurses to visit conferences overseas. The proposed travel must include a visit to a burn-related conference outside the UK and Ireland and a visit to a Burn Service. The travel should have clearly defined aims and objectives which the applicant wishes to explore and which have relevance in clinical practice.
- Applicants must have been a member of the BBA for at least 12 months prior to the date of application. The Margaret Miller Travel Grant is restricted to nurses.
- Applicants must confine their application to the form below. Additional material will not be considered.
- The application form can be submitted by post or email, but it must be received by the BBA at least 6 months prior to the intended date of travel so that it can be discussed at the next BBA Executive meeting.
Please note, BBA Executive meetings are held quarterly (dates are available from the Secretariat).
- Grants will not normally exceed £1500. Three quarters of the agreed grant will be forwarded to the applicant prior to the date of travel. The remainder will only be provided following the submission of a satisfactory travel report (see point 7 below).
- The BBA Executive reserves the right to reject a suboptimal report. Evidence of the visit/travel will also be required as proof of appropriate use of the award.
- Applicants must include details of financial support obtained from elsewhere and support for annual/study leave where applicable.
Applications must include specific aims and objectives of the proposed project and details of how its findings will be disseminated.
- Successful applicants must submit a written travel report to the BBA Honorary Secretary Treasurer not later than 3 months after the date of travel. Travel reports will be published in BBA Newsletter. The BBA Executive Committee may request that selected travel reports be presented at the BBA Annual Scientific Meeting as either an oral presentation or poster.
- Successful applicants who are subsequently unable to undertake the proposed travel project, must return the grant monies to the BBA Secretariat within 3 months. The grant may not be used for purposes other than those for which it was awarded, and is not transferable to persons other than those named on the application.
- Any work published as a result of the project for which the Margaret Miller Travel Grant was given, must acknowledge the British Burn Association.
- All applications will be considered by the BBA Executive Committee, however grants will not normally be given to those who have received them within the previous 3 years. Any recipient of a BBA grant who fails to submit an acceptable report and evidence of use of the grant, will not be eligible for further grant applications to the BBA for any awards in the future.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) / Data Protection Act
Please note: The British Burn Association (BBA) is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for Data Protection and applying for a BBA Award or Grant, your details will be held by the BBA in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
By applying for a BBA Award or Grant, I understand that my details will be shared with the BBA Adjudicating Group and that information and details pertaining to my application will be retained electronically and within the permanent agenda and minutes of the Association. I understand that should I be successful in obtaining an award or grant, my name and work details may be posted on the BBA website, in the BBA Newsletter or in the BBA Conference Book.
Please note that you have the right to request access to rectify your data, erase it and to object to its processing. Correspondence regarding your data should be addressed to the Data Controller at email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply